We have a rich community of pupils, parents and staff, supporting the school and its students in so many ways. We seek to help our wider communities, to which we have social and moral responsibilities. This happens through charitable giving and through the community activities we support. Community involvement in school life makes for a closer partnership in the realisation of our common aims.
BISC has a resourceful body of parents who generously support the School and its activities.
The Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) is a leading light in organising events, in bringing the community together and in raising additional funds for specialist projects. To be active in the PTA is a selfless and fulfilling act and those involved judge themselves by what they achieve.
Among the regular events led or supported by the PTA there are:
- International Night: bringing together international food and entertainment to celebrate our diversity;
- Christmas Bazaar & Santa's Grotto: the spectacular arrival of Santa Claus on his horse-drawn sleigh, with his army of PTA elves;
- Hopeful Youth Carnival: supporting the students in their magnificent carnival with sponsors and suppliers;
- Pancake Day: eggs are always in short supply - flipping great;
- BISC Theatre productions: organising the photography of the many productions we have had in junior and senior school;
- The Doum Puppet Theatre: bringing the classic Gohar stories to BISC.
Through its great work the PTA helps fund a range of projects.