BISC has a resourceful body of parents who generously support the School and its activities.
The Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) is a leading light in organising events, in bringing the community together and in raising additional funds for specialist projects. To be active in the PTA is a selfless and fulfilling act and those involved judge themselves by what they achieve.
In 2013-14, the PTA has led or supported a range of successful events:
- International Night: bringing together international food and entertainment to celebrate our diversity;
- Christmas Bazaar & Santa's Grotto: the spectacular arrival of Santa Claus on his horse-drawn sleigh, with his army of PTA elves;
- Halloween Carnival: supporting the students in their ghoulish endeavours;
- Hopeful Youth Carnival: supporting the students in their magnificent carnival with sponsors and suppliers;
- Pancake Day: eggs are always in short supply - flipping great;
- BISC Theatre productions: organising the photography of the many productions we have had in junior and senior school;
- The Doum Puppet Theatre: bringing the classic Gohar stories to BISC.
Through its great work this year, it has funded the School's ambitious Roof Top Garden project, invested in a suite of IMAC computers and helped the Hopeful Youth Student Charity.